Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Mother's Day Weekend!!!

How we say "Life is an Adventure"....Oh how it was this weekend, in every emotion, possible!!!

May 7( Wednesday): I was very excited about going to Florida, and on the way to Nashville to go to the airport, I turned on the AC about 10 miles outside of Jackson and instead of turning the air coming on, heat came a coming.....and I went into a state of shock and frustration. Not fun in the least. Looked at my temp gage, and it was all the way over to the letter H. Then I pulled in to Exit 93 Law Road exit, and it was steaming out of my front end. So their went a lil disappointment coming from me as I'm going to miss my plane. Finally a call from Roadside Assistance of Verizon, they sent out a tow truck to take my car to the infamous Lynn's Auto Repair Shop, the most honest shop and man in town. Then with a few calls I had wonderful friends Anna and Jeff Miller to take me to the airport to make the next flight at 9:05. Had a wonderful mexican dinner at this place in Dixon, probably the best I've had in awhile. But, silly me since I travel to Nashville alot, I thought that later flight was at 9:45, but when I called Mom to double check it it was at 9:05. So good ole Jeff did some bookin on I-40 going into Nashville....(ALWAYS NEVER ASSUME) I was a bit nervous....so when we got to the airport...curbside service was alrighty shut down. And, Anna and I went inside to check-in and I had exactly 20 minutes and they said my baggage was going to be Late Arrival, and my bags weren't going to make it. So by the grace of God, I made it to the gate running, and they hadn't even started loading yet. I got my pre-board....loaded in around 3 minutes.....sat down, and enjoyed the flight. I was glad to get off the plane...Plane landed in Tampa...and went down to get my baggage, and my backpack and suitcase was the first thing off the bayer belt.....what a nice surprise....I was so glad to see Mom, and glad to be finally there in the Sunshine State of Floria.

May 8th : Had the pleasure to go swimming in Mom's pool and hang out with my cousin Sarah and her boyfriend Regis. He helped me with my computer and my blog a little bit, due to my ignorance regarding computers. Then we found out the bad news with the car.....radiator damage.....Mom and I went shopping later that night and had a great time.....

May 9th----Found out more damage with my lil red car of mine, oh well. Thank the Lord for income tax checks. Mom and I went over to see Grandma. My aunt Sandy and the kids , and momma went to Channelside and went Bowling at the most neatest place, where you actually had a full course meal at the lanes, and your own private lane. Then we all went to see the movie Speedracer on IMAX. What an experience!!

May 10---My cousin Emily of 4 months got dedicated at the Baby Dedication at the crossing at the 5:00 service....What an incredible service it was, even after the Baby Dedication. Emily has grown so much since I seen her at the last time of 4 days old.

May 11---Happy Mother's Day to all parents!! What a lovely and challenging job you mothers have. It was a wonderful day with my mom, my aunt Sandy, and my grandmother. We were at my mom's swimming at her pool for the day, and lunch by the poolside. Later that evening Sandy and I went to see Aunt Dolly at the nursing home, and Evelyn was visiting as well. After Aunt Dolly's we went to Ronnie and Evelyn's and had a nice visit.

May 12---Mom and I had a nice day just hanging out at Pinebreeze....We went to Indian Rocks Beach, and had a great time at the beach walking, looking at wonderful beautiful houses, and swimming. Later we went to Crabby Bill's had a nice dinner...then we went outside to the patio and listened to live music. What a wonderful time that day that was spent with Mom!!

I was blessed to have a great weekend, and now I am home to my husband Mike, my precious mother-in law Minnie...and my pride and joys Minnie and Maxx(my doggies). As of yesterday, Mike got his catheter out, crossing of fingers, hopefully all will go well with his bladder, and he is having great success with his phyical therapy. So the recovery is coming along, but he has much more to come.....it's been slow and challenging but a promising recovery at that.

Love to all...and Blessings to everyone....

1 comment:

Sandra Lea said...

Hi Joy
I sure had a awesome time with you this past weekend. From Bowling, Speed Racer, to Church, and swimming. Love you, can't wait till I see ya again. Hopefully on our road trip. Sandy