Saturday, May 17, 2008

My Pride and Joy---Minnie and Maxx




Well it is the weekend, Saturday evening, and my car is still at the shop, so it looks like I will be getting it back sometime late Monday or Tuesday afternoon. My flesh in my soul is saying "I am stuck here all weekend, and won't be able to leave the house." And due to having no car, I self pitied in my selfishness with such a material thing that we seem to not be able to live without. Then I realized, I have so much to be thankful for and dont'even realize it. This will be the first weekend that I can rest, and not be busy... filled with events with the upcoming of summer weddings and such.....And, when I will get my car back it will have a full tank of gas. And, no gas was used.....So this afternoon .....My husband Mike, Minnie(and my precious mother-in-law), and my pride and joys Minnie and Maxx took a road trip to the Market downtown, and the Fresh Market on Hollywood Dr, and to the infamous Walgreens on Campbell. And, after every stop Minnie and Maxx tried to get out of the car, and acted like humans and wanted to go with Minnie and I while Mike stayed in the truck and waited on us.....It was quite interesting with 2 ornery dogs(but precious ones),my mother-in-law(Minnie), my husband and me, and five people in the front seat of a Ford F 150. So basically the point of this random talk about my lil afternoon.......is Life Can Be Adventure even in the lil things in life, even when you dont' always get your way, or if life doesn't always go as you expected in the not being to have your car one weekend....Life can be enjoyed in so many small ways....I dont' know what I would do without my precious children( yes they are dogs), but they have brought much joy to my life.....Minnie my oldest doggie is so loyal, and Maxx is so loving, and playful.....and so precious. I just taught Maxx how to shake, and in the process of teaching him how to rollover, but he haven't grasped that yet. And even on facebook, a new social imenity that we all love has been a great way to reconnect with friends.....So to end this day, even in the lil things there are always things to be thankful for.....

2 comments:

Chasity said...

Joy...did Minnie have puppies and did you keep any? Cute post about your "babies". :)

Sandra Lea said...

Hi Miss,

I'm here at Sandy's and we just now read your blog. We both think
you're such a great writer! You could write a book! You're in the wrong profession.

The dogs are so cute!!! I'm so glad you have them to keep you happy and good company too.

Talk soon,
Love,
Mom and Sandy